Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We are VERY Tired

Hey guys.  Sorry so long since the last update.  It has been a busy weekend.  We had a lot of company come to see Ellie and Matt and I.  We have kind of gotten off of our routine so we are really really tired. Hopefully in the next couple of days we will be back to normal, routine wise.  We love to have company though.  It means we get to show our precious little Ellie off and I love to do that. 

Ellie is doing good.  They have not made any big changes.  The surgeons have been watching her carbon dioxide levels to see if they can get them staying at a steady number before they begin to try to wean her off anything again.  So far, so good with the carbon dioxide.  She did have one jump up early Tuesday morning.  Matt and I believe that was just a fluke.  She had a couple new people taking care of her and we don't think they knew just quite how to handle Miss Ellie!  You have to be very delicate with her in everything you do.  As you can see she is setting a very high standard very early on. They rechecked that level about 8 hours later and it was back to the normal range for her. 

We did see Ellie's surgeon today.  He is such a kind caring compassionate man.  We can really tell he is trying to figure out what is best for Ellie.  Overall, he is happy with her progress.  How encouraging for us to hear! He would like to see Ellie off the paralytic in the next couple of days.  So keep those prayers going that when our Ellie is awake again, she will be one very happy and very comfortable little girl!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get Matt to post some more pictures of Ellie.  Her sweet nurse and respiratory therapist had some fun with Ellie tonight.  Let me just say you all will have a big grin on your faces when you see little Ellie relaxing in the sun :)!

Well, I am sorry to cut this so short but I need to get some sleep!  I promise I will get back on a regular schedule of posting this week again. 

We love you all and I know I will never be able to say it enough, your prayers mean and help us so much!

Love,
Ellie's Mommy