Sunday, July 24, 2011

Great news!

Ellie's paralytic medicine was turned off around 9am today.  April and I have been a nervous wreck wondering how Ellie is going to tolerate everything without the paralytic medicine.  One of the signs of her doing ok and tolerating things is her gas reading.  It is 4:59am and I just got off the phone with Ellie's nurse.  Her gas was supposed to be taken at 4am, but the respiratory therapist was delayed (we forgive you Karen, because Ellie loves you).  For those of you that understand (and we know some of you do) her gas was: 7.3 / 55 / +1, for those of don't understand.... THAT IS AWESOME!!  God is good!  I am so excited.  I just woke April up and told her, and of course she said "great" and fell back to sleep.  I have been unable to sleep a wink.  With this great news, I am going to get some shut eye. 

Thank you for your continued prayers, we truly appreciate it!  Our Lord is hearing our prayers!  We serve an awesome God!

Until tomorrow....actually later on today.

Matt (Ellie's daddy)