Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you all enjoy your day! Right now it's raining here. Hopefully the sun will be out later and no rain tonight. Later I will have Matt post some pictures of Ellie in her first 4th of July outfit. We were searching and searching (Ellie has to have stuff that either zips or buttons down the front) and her Grandma found something for us that was red white and blue. I could not have our little girl not be decked out for her first fourth!
Matt just spoke with Ellie's nurse this morning and she said that Ellie is doing good and had another good night. Since it is a holiday they are not making any changes today. Ellie's blood gases (the reading we get for carbon dioxide in her blood) continue to be good. She is still medically paralyzed. We are not sure when they will make a decision to take her off of the medicine for that. They do agree today just to continue to let her hang out like she has been. My hope and prayer is that this will keep her good and comfy and she will continue to be that way when she wakes up. Mommy and daddy have not held her now since June 26th. While I want Ellie to get better and we do what we have to do, my arms are longing to hold my little girl again. My arms just feel empty.
Thank you all for your prayers. It's so tough here. Prayers give us strength and we need that in a major way. Thank you to all of you for your cards, texts, emails, and comments and gifts of love that we have been blessed to receive. You have no idea how grateful we are for all of it. It means so much to us.
As Matt asked yesterday, please continue to pray for Ellie. We know the power of prayer and how God responds to it. We have seen it firsthand and hope to continue to see it. My favorite scripture has always been Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength and my song, And He has become my salvation: This is my God, and I will praise Him; My fathers God and I will exalt Him. " . God has given me a strength that I never thought possible. I could not imagine not giving him praise for all He has done in my life.
Hope you all have a wonderful 4th. Look for pictures of our precious Ellie here in just a little bit!
Love,
Ellie's Mommy