Saturday, July 2, 2011

Very Rough Day

Yesterday was a hard day.  As I said yesterday, Ellie had to go back on the paralytic medicine.  When we got to the hospital yesterday, the doctor said some things that we were already aware of and have been aware of for months now, but he said it in a way that was very cold and just didn't seem like he cared about helping Ellie anymore.  It was such a horrible day.  I don't know how else to put it.  I want to do something for my daughter so bad and physically I can't right now.  That is the hardest thing ever.  I have prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and I keep praying.  I am begging and pleading with God to help my daughter right now.  I know ultimately He is the one that can do it.  Since going back on the paralytic Ellie has stabilized again.  Her blood gas (carbon dioxide levels in her blood) are in the 50's again and they have turned her vent down some.  She is still getting milk and they are increasing that today.  They have also talked about weaning down some of her sedation again. 

The only thing I can ask right now is to please continue to pray for Ellie.  Pray for these doctors to think of someway to help her.  It seems right now none of the can come to an agreement on what is best for her and that is so frustrating.  Matt and I are just ready for some answers as to what is going to help our daughter. 

Thank you all for your support love and prayers.  We will update as we know things. 

Love,
Ellie's Mommy