Sunday, June 26, 2011

Surgery is Tough

Well, it has been a rough couple of days.  Ellie is ok, just really uncomfortable and in a lot of pain from what we can tell.  It's been really hard for Matt and I.  We just want Ellie to be comfortable, but the only way to keep her comfortable is to keep her sedated for now.  Since we had just gotten her off all of her sedation, it's really hard to see her sleeping all the time again.  I guess it's safe to say we had an idea that surgery could do this to her, but to see it firsthand, is hard.  To know we are going to have to have several more surgeries, just scares me right now.  I know she is in God's hands, but as a mom, I just want to make her better right now.  The doctors are keeping a very close eye on our Ellie right now.  They don't seem overly concerned.  They say a lot of what she is going through is due to the surgery.  It can take sometimes 48 hours to get past it.  We will be past that this afternoon, so I am praying for her to begin to feel better by this evening.  We know the end result of this surgery is going to be the best for her, but I hate to have to see her uncomfortable.  It just hurts because as parents in this situation, we feel helpless.  We can't hold her right now, and we have to be careful again in touching her.  As parents, we just want to pick her up and comfort her.  Oh, how I am longing for that day when we can do that.  This is just where we have to be patient and wait on the Lord.  He has brought us this far and I know He is going to continue to do so. 

Please just keep Ellie in your prayers.  I know I don't really have to ask that, but she needs them especially the next few days to get her on the road to recovery from this surgery.  She is a little fighter and I know slowly but surely from this surgery, God is giving her that fight back.  We just have to trust and be patient. 

We will update later today (I promise!  Yesterday was a long day and we just needed sleep when we got home!) and let you know how little Ellie is doing.  Thank you all for all of your prayers.  Everyday, but especially days like these, they give us so much strength to get us through.

Love,
Ellie's Mommy