Hey everyone! Mommy just had to update you all with a quick update! I can't tell you anything else before I tell you this--
I GOT TO LIFT ELLIE OUT OF HER BED TODAY AND HOLD HER UP WHILE THEY CHANGED HER BED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you tell how excited I am. What a feeling!! I can't even describe it!!! Her levels stayed strong while I held her too, so that made me feel even better. Such a precious gift I got today!!! Praise God!!!! He is so good!!!
We got to kiss our baby girl for the first time today! (pictures below) I never thought my heart would be touched so much as when I kiss April. April now has some competition for my affection.....I know she's ok with that.
Ellie also opened her eyes and moved her head today! We cannot even begin to express how much of a blessing that is. Just yesterday she was in a medically induced coma and now she is moving her toes, fingers, hands, arms, legs, eyes, lips, tongue and head. We feel like we are the most blessed parents on earth. God has performed so many miracles this week...... and we know He's got more in him! Our God is always on duty and ready when we need Him! Today has been such an amazing day! We are so thankful!
The doctors came in today and checked on Ellie. They have taken her off of her Epinephrine today. That is the medicine that was increasing her heart rate and dilating the vessels. They are also beginning to wean her off of the Flolan. This medicine is to help treat her pulmonary hypertension. The goal is get her off of the flolan and then begin to decrease the next round of meds.
One of the doctors is hoping to get her feeding in the next few days. This will have to be done by a feeding tube at first. She will still be on a vent and she cannot have a bottle while she is still on the vent. Getting her to feed will help her to get stronger and bigger.
We have seen so many positive things this week. It's hard to believe where we were a week ago. Ultimately we know who is controlling the shots. God is so good. Matt and I just can't express that enough to everyone of you. He is holding Ellie in His hands.
April and I are worn out today.... so many great things happening in our lives. So many great memories and milestones!
April & Matt (Ellie's proud mommy & daddy)