Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Tough Chick

Yes, that's right.  I think my little Ellie is one tough chick! I called Ellie that a few days ago when we came into her room.  She was just laying there looking at us with this look of determination on her face.  She has some serious faces! I like to think she gets that from her daddy!  I love talking to Ellie.  Especially when she is awake.  She just stares at you and watches you (as much as a newborn can).  It's amazing to see those little eyes taking it all in.  And boy, has she taken a lot in, in four weeks.  That's why I call Ellie one touch chick.  I fully believe this little girl can take on anything!  She has the Lord on her side, how could she not!

Ellie had her other scope yesterday.  Everything went just as planned.  They had to physically take her down to surgery for this scope.  That scared her mom and dad.  We hate to have to have her go through so much in just two days.  We met another wonderful doctor.  He is actually the best in the world at doing these procedures on children.  He again was like the doctor yesterday, very optimistic.  He agreed with the doctor yesterday.  Ellie will need a tracheotomy.  He also agreed that Ellie could benefit from another procedure.  This is where they insert a  the bag into her rib cage, and fill it with saline.  This should push her lung and heart more into the right position, thus helping her airway to not kink.  They are also hoping to correct the PDA in her heart that is still open. Doing both of these procedures should also help with her pulmonary hypertension.   If everything can be coordinated, the doctor is wanting to do all of this on Friday.  We have not heard yet if this is all going to be done yet.  Hopefully we will hear something today.  They were needing to coordinate with the heart surgeon.  He is also one of the best in the world.  How lucky are we?  God has put us in such a good place.  We couldn't feel more thankful to have all these talented people taking care of our Ellie. 

Thank you for your prayers yesterday.  Monday was very rough for me.  As a parent, you never want to see your child have to go through anything.  Matt and I both knew all of this was a possibility a couple weeks ago.  Till you hear it for sure, you kind of block it out, think it won't happen.  To hear it's going to have to happen, I won't lie it hurt me.  Not really for me, but for Ellie.  I told Matt Monday night, I just need a day to be mad for her.  By Tuesday, I was over it.  This is going to help Ellie.  It starts us on the long road to get her home and get her better.  That's what we want, to get Ellie better and to get her home.  Is this going to change our lives, sure.  But, you don't have a child and it not change your life.  It should change your life!  I remember telling our dear sweet friend, Donna that no matter what I want Ellie in my life.  When I look back four weeks ago, we could have not had that.  Ellie was very critical.  Look at how far she has come! That's why I say she is one tough chick.  Ellie has the Lord on her side.  He has worked so many miracles through her.  He has brought her to this place.  I will always call Ellie a miracle for so many reasons.  The Lord has given Matt and I this precious gift and I will never be able to praise Him enough for the gift of Ellie. 

We will keep you posted on when the surgery will be.  Hopefully we will know something today.  We were told Friday, but with trying to get several doctors schedules to coordinate, it could be pushed back a couple days.  We will let you all know as soon as we find out.  Please continue to pray that Ellie does as well as she has been during the last two procedures.  She is a very strong little girl!  We are so thankful for her!

Love you all,
Ellie's Mommy