Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We are not as far along as we had hoped

Good morning, It's Matt again.  Please forgive my writing/grammar, I am worn out.  I was hoping I wouldn't be the one to update the blog this morning, but as we all know, we don't have much control of what the future holds.  We've had another long night, needless to say.  They started the induction process yesterday morning around 11:15, slowly, and it turned out to be too slowly.  They are either going to have to speed things up or it's possible we may have to wait another day to welcome our baby girl into our world.  We are frustrated right now, but we are trying to be patient and let the experts call the shots.  April was able to get some sleep last night and now, thanks to some medication.  Ellie is looking good on the monitors and is still very active.  The doctors and nurses say they've all never seen a baby this far along move so much.  There are two reasons for that: she is a tough little girl and April has an excessive amount of fluid.  FYI - Most mothers that are carrying babies with multiple anomalies tend to have an excessive amount of fluid.  I believe that is by design.  I believe that God allows the babies to have the extra fluid so they can move around more to get stronger and to be more comfortable.  Granted I am no doctor, but too much fluid is better than not enough.  I will probably update the blog sometime around 9am this morning after the doctor comes in to see us.  I'm off to hit the shower and wash the hospital off of me ;)  Please continue to pray for April and Ellie!  Thank you!
Matt (Ellie's daddy)