Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just Some Thoughts From Ellies Mommy

Hey to you all!  It seems so long since I have really made a post.  Matt is so good at these.  He really takes in everything that the doctor says (not that I don't pay attention, it's just when I can get to see Ellie I LOVE to just look at her) and he communicates it best.  I am a lot more of the putting my emotions into words communicator!

It's hard to believe a week ago this time my body was beginning to tell me I needed to go to the hospital.  Matt and I had no idea what this past week would bring us.  Ellie certainly wanted to make a grand entrance into this world and did she ever.  But, I would not have had it any other way.  She is such an amazing baby.  She just continues to amaze us.  I will say she had everything against her from birth.  I truly believe the doctors did not have much hope.  Ellie is proving them wrong.  We have the Lord to thank for that.  I wish every single one of you could have been there with us yesterday and witnessed what we witnessed.  God was right there, you could feel Him.  To here your 3 day old newborn is going to have be put on a bypass machine is terrifying.  Even though you know it will be for their benefit, you never want your child to have to go through such a procedure.  All we could do at that moment was pray.  And I know hundreds of others of you were praying.  They were clearing the room out getting ready for the procedure yesterday ( the machine is very big and Ellie still had to be hooked up to all of her other medicines so they had cleared out half the room babies and all to fit everything in there) and Matt and I were the only ones in there with Ellie.  We both stood over her and told her to fight like we knew she could.  Boy did she ever!

Cut to four hours later to see the doctor (who was on call that weekend and had spent the whole day there with our daughter) come to you with a smile on his face and say "The procedure got put on hold because of an emergency surgery.  During that time Ellie has improved better than she has been the whole time and she is staying that way.  We have decided she is stable enough to try to move her down and do the CAT scan.  We will let you know if we get it done."  After talking to the doctor a little more Matt and I just stood there and hugged each other.  We both looked at each other and said this was truly a God given miracle.  And it was.  I hope and pray that whoever was in that surgery was ok.  I just know without a doubt God intervened.  It is such an amazing thing to feel that presence in your life.  Our God is such an awesome God.  And I know He is working on Ellie all the time. 

I know a lot of you have been wondering how I am doing.  I am getting better.  Laboring for 36 hours, pushing for 2 and a half, and then having a C-Section is not easy.  I will admit I am probably a little bit behind on my recovery due to being at the hospital with Ellie so much but it's so worth it!  It's so surreal to see your child.  She is so precious and beautiful.  I feel so lucky to be able to have carried her.  I count it a privilege to be able to carry Gods precious gift of life. 

I want to leave you all with a quote from one of Beth Moore's devotionals.  I received this from Jessica a few weeks back.  I thought this quote was fitting not just because of Matt and I's past 15 months, but because I read it yesterday.  Jessica, I love this devotional-thank you so much!

"Beloved, let this one sink in deeply: if God allowed you to be thrown into a pit, you weren't picked on; you were picked out.  God entrusted that suffering to you because He has faith in you.  Live up to it.  All the way up."  From the devotional Looking Up Trusting God With Your Every Need by Beth Moore

Ellie lived up to it and I know she will continue to do so.  Just like we all should.

I love you all so much.  You have no idea.  Matt will update later tonight.  I am going to rest around here this morning and go up the hospital tonight. 

Love,
Ellie's Mommy ( can you tell Matt and I love calling ourselves Mommy and Daddy)