Monday, May 30, 2011

Ellie is still fighting!

Ellie is still fighting and doing fairly well... compared to yesterday afternoon.  The doctors have tweaked her treatment a little, based on the information from the CAT Scan.  As of now they think she is responding well but only time will tell.  Ellie has a really sweet nurse tonight (7pm to 7am).  We found out that she lives in the same apartment complex and actually about 15 feet up and 30 feet over from our bedroom.  What a small world we live in.  Like all the nurses that have taken care of Ellie so far she is very knowledgeable and very compassionate.  These people are such a blessing to us and all of the children they treat.  I only hope that the Lord will bless them in some way, they deserve it.  April had a very emotional night tonight and I ask that you pray for her, that God would comfort her heart and mind and he would give her peace.  While this experience has been overwhelming for me, I haven't gone through the physical process like April has.  In addition, April has more of a bond with Ellie because she has carried her for so long.  I'm sure all the mothers out there can understand exactly what I mean.  I only wish that some day in the near future that I can experience that same bond with Ellie when I get to hold her for the very first time.  Please help us and ask God to hear our prayers and allow Ellie to be with us until we grow old.  Nothing else in life matters to us.  Again, thank you so very much for all the prayers you have petitioned to our Lord.

Matt (Ellie's daddy and #1 fan)