Thursday, May 19, 2011

Done with the Doctor Part 1

We completed our last doctor appointment before Ellie is born today! It was such an exciting feeling.  We have been to the doctor so much since I was 22 weeks pregnant, in a funny way it almost felt like getting out of school.  Ellie did well again today on all of her tests and passed them with no problem.  I am not sure how well I have explained what all they look for on these, but one of the things they look for on the ultrasound is practice breathing.  Ellie did this a lot today and for her parents it was/is very reassuring.  Her heart monitoring went well too.  Her heart rate was up today which is good to me.  I always like to see encouraging signs like that.

We did find out today that we must be at the hospital at 6:30 am Monday morning.  We have to be registered first and I am sure will spend a little bit of time in their triage area before getting a room in labor and delivery.  I think a lot of how the day goes depends on what Ellie is doing that day.  Since I have a lot of fluid, Ellie can still move A LOT!!  So it is quite possible that she might not be head down on Monday.  She has been sideways and head down that past four appointments.  If she is not head down, there is a possibility that I will have to have a C-section.  However, the doctor told me today to eat something for breakfast regardless.  If I have food in my belly and they have to do a c-section, we will have to wait 8 hours before that can happen because I ate.  It looks like either way, Ellie will probably not be here till later in the day. 

I guess if I could ask one thing of everyone this weekend, it would be to pray for Matt and I's nerves.  We are excited but nervous about the delivery.  Nervous because we are ready to meet Ellie, but we want her to be ok and healthy.  We are also nervous because we want to be so excited for this moment and trust me we are, but it's still scary.  I told Matt today that my mind was going through everything I did during the last few days I was pregnant with Maddy.  That has brought back a lot of feelings and emotions that are hard to explain, but to sum it up in one word, it's scary.  But then on the other hand, I told Matt today that with everything we have going on and about to go on I really do deep down feel a peace.  It's a peace that can only come from above and I know He is taking care of us each day. That is an amazing feeling to have!

I will update again this weekend before we go into the hospital!  Thank you all again so much for all of your prayers love and support.  I am so excited in a few short days we will have pictures of Ellie posted for you all to see!

Love,
April