Hey guys. It's Monday almost noon here. Ellie is resting quite well today. Last night she had a couple moments but nothing where she had to be hand bagged. That is good! I sit here and I look at this little girl and she just amazes me. I wish I had the strength and the fight in me that she has in her. She has taught me so much in the 10 weeks she has been here. No matter what any doctor says I know my Ellie is a fighter. Some of things she has been able to do, I know only God could allow her to be doing it. I am so lucky to be her mom. I know Matt is the proudest dad ever. We are two very lucky parents. I wish you all could be as close to her as I get to be, day in day out. She helps to give me strength on the days I need it most. God surely speaks through so many different ways.
I wish I could tell you all today that we had an answer. As of now, we don't. Frustrating, isn't it? Imagine being here and listening to the doctors rounds where they go over all of her vitals from the day before discuss any changes and then just move on. I will admit, I am getting tired of it. The only thing I want to hear, is "Hey surgery is set for this date.". It's also hard to listen to the doctors talk this way because it almost seems like your child is a number. Ellie is not a number to me. Not even close. We did get it confirmed today that the heart surgeon is in town. We are told that he and Ellie's primary surgeon are talking via email. Matt told them today that that is not good enough. We want an answer of what they are going to do. Laying here like this is not good for Ellie. Not good at all. Something needs to be done, has to be done. We aren't going to get any better laying here like this. I would love to say Matt had some influence today, but it;s hard to tell. We never know what anyone is thinking anymore.
They did do another ECHO on Ellie today. At this time, we don't know the results of that. We are thinking they will look at this and then decide when they can do surgery. Again, I would love to tell you that they are for sure, but we just don't know. What I do know is we have a very nice cardiologist who I believe is doing everything he can. We will take that anyday. I would love to tell you that I will update you later with details on surgery, but at this point I can't promise that. But as soon as I know, you all will know so prayers for a successful surgery can begin!
Before I forgot, good luck to everyone that is going back to school this week. Time gets away from us here and I realized this weekend it was back to school time for a lot of people. I know this is a big week for some of you and I am praying it is a good and easy week! We miss you all so much!
Love to everyone,
Ellie's Mommy