Wednesday, August 17, 2011

CT Scan in the Morning

Hey Again.  Well as you can see we are headed for another procedure in the morning.  Ellie is going to have a CT scan at 8:30 eastern time on Thursday.  Pray for this procedure to go smoothly tomorrow.  While the actual scan itself does not take long, Ellie is really touchy and sensitive right now.  Pray for her to remain stable through it.  Pray also for good results from the scan.  Ellie's surgeon wanted to repeat the CT to see exactly how things look now that Ellie is a few weeks older.  Her last scan was about 6 weeks ago.  Since then, we learned this week that Ellie's lung is in more of the correct position.  At least this is what the xray is showing.  Is this a good or a bad thing?  We are not sure.  Her surgeon believes this could give us a few more answers in how to proceed with Ellie.  I trust this surgeon with everything in me.  He is a brilliant surgeon and is looking out for Ellie.  I know he is doing everything he can to help her at this time. 

Ellie has been doing about the same today.  It's amazing though what this little girl can do.  She is on a very heavy amount of sedation in combination with the paralytic she is on.  Still though today, I saw the tiniest flutter of her eyes.  That just shows me how strong this little girl is!  I am so proud to call myself her mommy.  The only other thing that is scary though, is with the amount of sedation she is under, she is still somehow able to manipulate her airway and clamp down thus not allowing the ventilator to help her.  This is not good and we are not sure how they can fix it. 

I have been thinking a lot today since my post this morning.  First off, thank you to all of you who have commented, texted, emailed, and called me.  I apologize that at this time it's hard for me to respond to each and everyone of you, but oh how you ALL have encouraged me.  What a blessing you all have been.  To know we have this support gives Matt and I STRENGTH!!! I was thinking about Ellie and her life in response to the comment I saw this morning.  I came up with this thought this evening.  Ellie is here, still here for a purpose.  God has a purpose for her.  I see and hear and believe He is reaching others through our daughter.  How awesome is that?!?!  Do I want her to be healthy and here with us forever?  Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!  Do I know what the next few days, weeks, and months hold? No.  But, I believe God gave Ellie this life for a reason and I am so proud and honored to see what He is doing through our child.  For however long He lets us have Ellie, I will be blessed with every moment we have with her.  She is a gift from God, given to us and I will honor that with everything I have. 

I will update you all as soon as we know the results of the CT.  It could be soon after or it could be the evening before we know anything. 

Thank you all again!
Love,
Ellie's Mommy