Well, as you can see I did not update yesterday afternoon with a plan from the surgeon. So, you all know what that means. WE DIDN'T HEAR A THING!!!!!! Can you tell I am a little or a lot frustrated with these guys. We have had a very nice cardiologist come in every day to check on Ellie and get us an update. He has been trying to get the two surgeons together to talk about Ellie and get a game plan on surgery. So far he has had no luck. I was also told today that the heart surgeon is now out again until Thursday. Not what we were wanting to hear. The neonatal attending even admitted today that SOMETHING has to be done. I just wish they would get together and decide what to do. This is just not fair to our little girl.
Overall today Ellie is remaining stable. She is beginning to tolerate her care a little better. She doesn't seem as sensitive to being touched or handled. She has had no episodes now in over 48 hours where she has had to be bagged. That is very good. Her blood gases have been a little high today. We are waiting to hear if they will make a vent setting change. They have also started her back on diuretics. Ellie has a lot of fluid on her right now due to all of the medicines and not moving. This could also be a reason for the higher gases. If there is fluid on her lung, it can make harder to rid herself of the carbon dioxide thus making her blood gas high. She weighed a little over 13 pounds last night. We suspect maybe close to 2 pounds of that is fluid. She is also requiring more oxygen today. That is probably also a result of the fluid. If you can see a pattern here, we need to get rid of the fluid! Hopefully the diuretics will do that.
Sorry not much to update today. I think when we talk to a doctor, the update will be in all caps because I will be so excited to finally hear something. Please pray for these doctors to come together and figure out a plan to help Ellie. We know and have seen what the power of prayer can do.....
Love,
Ellie's Mommy