Tuesday, August 9, 2011

God holds our future

Well, we had our meeting with the infamous Peter Manning.  The long and short, he says there is nothing that can be done to help Ellie.  To mimic a previous doctors words.... hog wash.  There is something we can do, and that is pray.  Please pray to God that He will heal our daughters respiratory system and her heart defects.  We have complete faith that our Heavenly Father is capable of complete healing.  Please join us in praying for Ellie.  We all know how tough our Ellie is and we have to continue to believe that our God is still at work in her life.  We have to trust that He knows what is best and that He holds our future.  Please pray that through all of this, His Kingdom may be glorified!  

Secondly, please pray for April and me.  We have been NICU parents for 11 weeks tomorrow.  The level of stress with all the ups and downs is overwhelming.  I absolutely hurt so bad for my baby girl and for April.  As a dad and a husband all I want to do is fix everything and make the hurt go away.....and I can't.  I want to protect my girls and I can't.  I have never felt so helpless in my life.  This is a prime example of how the Bible says that we need to turn everything over for God and let Him deal with it.  As humans, it's so hard to wait for our Heavenly Father to work on His time frame, not ours.  This is what faith is all about.  We all have to have faith, and trust that God is in control and he holds our future.  He knows what is best, best for us and best for His Kingdom.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers.  PLEASE keep the prayers going.  God is hearing us.

Matt (Ellie's daddy)