Sunday, August 28, 2011

Heaven

This is by far the most difficult post I have ever written.  I am prewritting this because we want everyone to be informed..... but it just had to be prewritten.  I truly am not sure how to write this post.

Ellie has gone home to be with Jesus and her big sister Maddy today.  She is in Heaven with our Heavenly Father.  She has absolutely fought harder than anyone I have ever seen.  She is truly an amazing little girl.  She has taught April and me so much.  We are so thankful that she has touched so many lives in her short 3+ months she was with us.  April and I feel without a doubt that we have given her every opportunity by allowing her to have the best possible medical care and a ton of prayers.  God and the medical team have allowed her to spend much more time with us and we are so very greatful for that.

We want everyone to know that we appreciate all of the prayers and support that you all have shown.  This is the most difficult time of our lives.  With our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ we will get through this.  Please don't give up on Christ, were are not.  We need him now more than ever.

God did perform a miracle in Ellie's life.  That miracle wasn't what we prayed for.  That miracle was touching hundreds, if not thousands of lives. God knows what is best for His kingdom.  God knows what is best for us.  

At some point today I will (or uncle Kris) update you all on a very special service that we are going to have in honor and memory of Ellie.  We encourage EVERYONE that is able to join us.  We mean that, everyone is welcome to celebrate with us our little miracle.  The service will be held at our church in Evansville Indiana.

Again, thank you all for your prayers and support. 

Someone will update this blog later today.

We would appreciate it if you all would continue to follow our blog into the future.  Thank you!

Matt & April (Ellie's proud & thankful parents)