Wow! Today has been an exciting day! We had our first doctors appt today since relocating to Cincinnati. After experiencing our first rush hour (which wasn't too bad) we made it to the appointment. I first had a NST (the test to monitor her heart and see if I am having contractions). Little Ellie did great today on that. She had hiccups most of the time but stayed right on the monitor. I was shocked! She has not done that at all for any of the previous ones, but the time of her appt is normally her time to nap. The nurse there said I was having mild contractions today but nothing to be concerned about due to my fluid level being so high.
Then we had our ultrasound. The tech today was really having trouble even seeing the lung mass (cpam). This made Matt and I feel really good! She looked all around on little Ellie and then told us she was going to get a doctor to remeasure because it looked so small she was not sure where to stop and start the measurements. Being what we have been through this still made me nervous. I always wonder if something else is wrong. The doctor then came in and said the same thing but got the best measurement she could. We then spoke with Dr. Jaekle who is the attending at the office. He said at this point the CPAM is not a concern. He informed us that the mass is actually starting to drain off some of the fluid and is becoming a little smaller. She will still have to have surgery to remove the mass, but overall things are looking really good! What a blessing for us to hear. God is sooooo good! Little Ellie just continues to amaze us. Dr. Jaekle also gave me permission to get out every once and awhile to eat and run small errands. This was awesome to hear. I was dreading being trapped in this hotel room 24/7, but would do anything to keep my daughter safe!
On a funny note, Sidney is adjusting to her new home--THE CAR!!! We took her with us today because she had not been in the hotel very long and were afraid she would cry the whole time we were gone. We came home and rested for awhile and then decided to head out to supper. We thought she would be ok, but as soon as we closed the door she stood there and cried. So, off she went. Shes fine to be in the car when we go into the restaurant. I hope we haven't started something bad! But for those of you who know Sidney, we know you will get a smile out of this!!
Matt and I also want to send a BIG thank you to Dr. Susan Leinenbach and her staff for the very tasty edible arrangement sent to our room! It arrived shortly after we got here. It was so nice and unexpected and brought a smile to our face! They are an awesome group of women and we both feel very blessed to have them all in our lives!
Please pray for us tomorrow as we might be moving again. The hotel wasn't what we thought it was and we think it might be best to change to a different one. If we weren't going to be here long, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but since we could be here 6 to 8 weeks we want to be as happy as we can be. Please pray that if we are supposed to move, everything will fall into place.
Ok, sorry this is so long! I just had a lot to update on tonight! Hope everyone is well! We miss all of you already!
Love,
April Matt and Sidney