Hey to everyone and sorry I didn't post yesterday. We had a long day yesterday and I needed to some time to collect my thoughts before I posted everything we learned yesterday. I will give you a advance warning before you all read this that we did not get the news we hoped for yesterday. I will tell you all as much as I can but there as some parts that are hard to understand for myself alone so I feel that to go in to full detail would just be to confusing because I don't understand it all myself. Here is a breakdown of everything we found out yesterday appointment by appointment--
Ultrasound and NST was first. We met with our doctor here first for the ultrasound. While Ellie is doing good on the biophysical ultrasounds and nst the doctor is still worried about my fluid amount. He decided to have me checking my blood sugar from home for the next 2 days just to rule out again that I don't have gestational diabetes. Once he rules that out, he informed us that he might want to put me in the hospital for observation for at least the weekend or longer. So I have been (or Matt has been) pricking my finger and checking my blood sugar since last night. It's been a little over but nothing that is off the charts in our eyes.
Then we had the echo appointment for Ellies heart. After about an hour and half echo we were informed that good news-one hole has closed in her heart! The other hole though remains and is moderate in size. The cardiologist does not believe it will close on its own so he informed us that Ellie will need open heart surgery to close the whole. He did say everything else with her heart is perfect and functioning well and she should recover fine from the surgery once she has it.
Then we had the MRI. It seemed like I layed in there forever but Ellie moves so much that they had a hard time getting any good pictures. We found out that out of about 2000 pictures only 115 were good. In a way that makes me proud! After the MRI we met with pediatric surgeon that we saw at 22 weeks (we are now at 34). He there began to go over the MRI readings and in a nutshell told us that Ellies left lung (the lung that didnt have CPAM) has not developed. Its about the size of our fingertip. Her right lung has developed and the CPAM is small. This is where I can't go into much more detail with you guys simply because at the moment we were being told this I tuned the doctor out. Part of it was me not wanting to hear more bad news and the other part is I choose to believe that no matter what Matt and I's little girl is going to be ok.
We are in for a fight. We knew that from 22 weeks but now even more so. But for all of you reading this I want you all to know that I still have hope. I can say that because of my God. He is so faithful to us and has been these past 14 months. He has carried Matt and I in a way that only He could. Don't get me wrong, we are scared and do we wish we were told something else yesterday, YES!!! But this is what we have been given and I have peace that no matter where the next few weeks takes us our Lord is with us.
I know I don't have to ask but please PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!! Ellie needs all of them she can get. We need to make it to 38 weeks before Ellie is born. They say that will be best for her considering her lung issue. Then please pray that after she is born, her breathing just blows these doctors away. We know that God is capable of anything and I believe HE can do it! We are hoping she will not need surgery right away and if we can avoid that we will be in a lot better shape.
I love all of you so much. I will keep you posted as best I can. Our next appointment is Thursday so I could be updating you from the hospital. We will just see where the next couple days takes us.
Love to you all,
April